Safer Internet Day #SID2016
Yesterday saw ‘Safer Internet Day’ take over social media in celebration of the hundreds of organisations helping to promote the safe, responsible and positive use of digital technology strattera australia. Globally, Safer Internet Day is recognised in over a hundred countries, coordinated by the joint Insafe/INHOPE network, with the support of the European Commission, and national Safer Internet Centres across Europe.
The global day offers the opportunity to highlight positive uses of technology and to explore the role we all play in helping to create better and safer online community. In light of this, we felt it was necessary to remind you of the security features put in place to keep our VLE software safe for all teachers, students and parents to use.
- Twice daily antivirus scans are run on the server
- Two different rootkit scans are run daily on the server
- Malware scan is run once daily on the server
- All connections to the VLE are secured by SSL (Secure Socket Layer) Certificates of at least 2048bit encryption.
- Staff and Student authentication is done over SSL connection on separate servers, hosted internally by the education establishment.
- Parent account passwords are hashed and salted, thus cannot be retrieved but only compared with or reset.
What are you doing to keep the internet a safe place?
Tweet us at @earete, or talk to us on www.facebook.com/earetevle/